Hello, glad that you have shown interest on learning AWS services , their offerings and more importantly how to prepare for AWS Solutions Architect Certification. The goal of AWS On Top is to be on Top of all AWS services or at least most important ones, help us to understand the various services offered by AWS. As well to bring professionals even closer in achieving the highly sought after AWS Solutions Architect – Associate certification. Of all cloud certifications, AWS Solutions Architect certification is the top rated certification.
This site will add more value, if you have already have little awareness on AWS services, if not you can still learn them from here.
Little history on Cloud computing: It is made possible with a huge server typically a ‘bare-metal server’ which is a computer server by itself that is for a ‘single-tenant physical server’. To make cloud computing possible it is cut across for multiple customers by a concept called Hypervisor. This allows one or more virtual machines to be served to each customer, through virtualization.
Every AWS AMI(Amazon Machine Image – is a special type of virtual appliance that is used to create a virtual machine within the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud – EC2 ) uses the Xen hypervisor on bare metal to meet the virtualization.
Xen offers two kinds of virtualization: HVM (Hardware Virtual Machine – VMs running on top of their hypervisors are not aware that they are sharing processing time with other clients on the same hardware)
and PV (Paravirtualization – is a virtualization technique that presents a software interface to the virtual machines which is similar, yet not identical to the underlying hardware–software interface). You can typically notice HVM/PV while launching your EC2 instance.
- Basics – What is Cloud computing, why we need them , their benefits and how AWS services meets these and more (…).
- Please follow A RoadMap To AWS Solution Architect Certification – Associate for important AWS services and how we go about in preparing ourselves for this certification. It covers how we to prepare, list of important must know AWS Services and a Summary covering my experiences including exam duration, approach and other sum ups.
- Please refer to Practice Exam Question & Answers. To get an idea on how the real exam questions would look like. I drafted all these Q&A based on my experience. Click here for more.
- Blog – is where i have started providing simple examples with screen shots and source code (in resources section) using AWS services (** Most of them are eligible under free tier) on how we can start using AWS services and how we go about integrating between them.
- AWS Now – This page will contain the Latest News, Announcements and Updates from AWS.
This site itself is built using AWS services, for the entire architecture please refer to AboutSite.