AWS Services List
Important AWS Services List for Exam Preparation
I have highlighted keywords in RED, which will be very helpful for Certification preparation.
IAM – AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to securely control the access to AWS services and resources . Using IAM, customer can create and manage AWS users, groups and permissions to allow or deny access to AWS resources. For exam specific references click here.
VPC – Amazon Virtual Private Cloud lets you provision a logically isolated section of the AWS Cloud. Here you can launch AWS resources in a virtual network as defined by you need. You will have complete control over the virtual networking environment. Including choice of your own IP address range, creation of subnets, configuration of route tables, security gateway and network gateways. For exam specific references click here.
EC2 – Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. Designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers and system administrators. For exam specific references click here.
AWS Service List : Storage Services
- EBS – EBS provides block level storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances. Amazon EBS volumes are network-attached, and persist independently from the life of an instance. For exam specific references click here.
- EFS – Elastic File System provides simple, scalable, elastic file storage for use with AWS Cloud services and on-premises resources. This gives customer ability to mount file and share file system between servers. For exam specific references click here.
- S3 – S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. For exam specific references click here.
- Other Storage Services – Includes snowball, storage gateway . For more click here.
which one to use: EFS vs EBS vs S3 ?
- EFS is a file storage service for use with Amazon EC2. Amazon EFS provides a file system interface, file system access semantics (such as strong consistency and file locking) and concurrently-accessible storage for up to thousands of Amazon EC2 instances.
- EBS is a block level storage service for use with Amazon EC2. Amazon EBS can deliver performance for workloads that require the lowest-latency access to data from a single EC2 instance.
- S3 is an object storage service. Amazon S3 makes data available through an Internet API that can be accessed anywhere.
Elastic Load Balancer – Automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon instances(EC2). It enables customers to meet even greater fault tolerance in their applications, seamlessly providing the amount of load balancing capacity needed in response to incoming application traffic. For more click here.
Elastic Beanstalk – AWS Elastic Beanstalk is an easy-to-use service for deploying and scaling web applications. At the time of writing, it supports popular programming languages such as Java, .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and Ruby. You simply upload your application and Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling and application health monitoring. For exam specific references click here.
- Amazon RDS is a web service that makes it easy to set up, operate and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity while managing time-consuming database administration tasks, freeing you up to focus on your applications and business.
- Amazon DynamoDB is a fast, fully managed NoSQL database service that makes it simple and cost-effective to store and retrieve any amount of data. DynamoDB can serve any level of request traffic. All data items are stored on Solid State Drives (SSDs), and are replicated across 3 Availability Zones for high availability and durability.
- Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service that makes it simple and cost-effective to efficiently analyze all your data using your existing business intelligence tools.
- For exam specific references click here.
Amazon ElastiCache is a web service that makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale an in-memory cache in the cloud. This service improves the performance of web applications by allowing you to retrieve information from a fast, managed, in-memory caching system. For exam specific references click here.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name System (DNS) web service. It is designed to give developers and businesses an extremely reliable and cost-effective way to route end users to Internet applications by translating human readable names. For exam specific references click here.
- Amazon CloudWatch
- provides monitoring for AWS cloud resources and the applications customers run on AWS.
- Developers and system administrators can use it to collect and track metrics, gain insight, and react immediately to keep their applications and businesses running smoothly.
- AWS CloudTrail
- is a web service that records AWS API calls for your account and delivers log files to you.
- The recorded information includes the identity of the API caller, the time of the API call, the source IP address of the API caller, the request parameters, and the response elements returned by the AWS service. For exam specific references click here.
Other Application Services – SQS,SNS,WAF,Kinesis,Lambda,Trusted Advisor more(…) – Other commonly used AWS Services are listed here with breif explanation.
However List of AWS services are not limited to the one’s referred here under ‘Top AWS Services List for Preparation’, there are so many more with multiple usage that may suit your need. But these are the essential one’s for exam preparation.