AWS EFS Exam Tips
In this post ‘ AWS EFS Exam Tips ‘ you will cover key notes or pointers for preparing EFS service as well a blog having EFS use case.
Amazon Elastic File System provides simple, scalable, elastic file storage for use with AWS Cloud services and on-premises resources. This gives customer ability to mount file and share file system between servers
- Amazon EFS is a fully-managed service that makes it easy to set up and scalable file storage.
- Use Case – Big Data and analytics, media processing workflows, content management, web serving, and home directories.
- Scale from gigabytes to petabytes of data.
- Tens, hundreds, or even thousands of Amazon EC2 instances can access an Amazon EFS file system at the same time.
- Differences – EFS vs EBS vs S3
- Amazon EFS is a file storage service for use with Amazon EC2(sharing file location across multiple applications like inbound/outbound area).
- Amazon EBS is a block level storage service for use within Single EC2 also EFS has more throughput than EBS
- EFS has more latency than EBS.
- S3 is an object storage service available through an Internet API that can be accessed anywhere(media files,streaming files,backups).
- EFS can be mounted on more than 1 EC2 instance.
- On-premises servers can mount your file systems via an AWS Direct Connect connection to your VPC.
- You can access your Amazon EFS file system concurrently from servers in your on-premises datacenter as well as Amazon EC2 instances concurrently.
- EFS File Sync copies files and directories into Amazon EFS from on-prem , 5X faster than standard copy from Linux – File Sync agent is required.
- Data encryption in transit uses industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- You can mount the Amazon EFS file system from these targets:
- Amazon EC2 instances in the same VPC
- EC2 instances in a VPC connected by VPC peering
- On-premises servers by using AWS Direct Connect
- On-premises servers over an AWS virtual private network (VPN) by using Amazon VPC
- Create a separate EFS and attach to your EC2 intance.You can check the same from my blog. ‘How to create EFS file system in aws and link with EC2 Instances‘