AWS Certified Solutions Architect Sample Questions
- VPC – When to use NACL,NAT and their difference to be clearly known,which servers need to be hosted in public/pvt subnet.How to block particular IP vs allow from a particular SG. When to use Bastion host.
- ELB – More questions ALB and very recently 3 -4 on NLB
- Storage : EBS,EFS -when to use, like performance, security, transfer, access by other EC2, encryption.
- Instance types: EC2 (basically which one select for a given requirement).
- Spot Instance: Couple of questions on Spot usage.
- Sticky sessions (2 q) & AutoScaling (3 – 4 q).
- S3 -> life Cycle policies (30days),Storage Gateway and Volume Gateway usage, S3 infrequent access – when to use,CRR,versioning and deletion.
- CloudFront – Access restriction, S3 Origins,GeoRestriction,signed URL’s.
- RDS(AZ,Replica, Aurora endpoints)
- DynamoDB : performance,DAX,hot vs cold tables,scaling,partition keys (3 -4 q).
- Kinesis(when to use firehose or data stream),Lambda with API Gateway combination,SQS.
- ElastiCache and its encryption features,when to use Redis (3-4 q)
- Types of Encryption especially Network level, What services comes with default encryption.
- CloudWatch logs, when to use CloudTrail rather cloudwatch.
- Conginto for 3rd party authentication,temporary credentials (2-3 q).
- Route53 : Active active vs Active Passive, Geo based service.
- When to use Athena, AWS Glue(ETL),
- ElasticBeanstalk deployment methods( 2-3 q).
- Fault tolerant architecture.
- Aurora scaling, multi AZ & endpoints.
- How to Improve data security using Redis Auth.
Please Check exam Sample Questions page for full list of questions & answers.